HCGB

Discussion in 'Region 16 Board' started by normstewart, Mar 13, 2017.

1. normstewart

normstewart Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wonder what he meant in his post game interview Saturday when he referenced " the Moberly blessing" when discussing the region tourney?

2. bluff_sideliner

bluff_sideliner Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't hear the interview, so I won't speculate other than to say that, like me, I assume that he would have much rather beat a full-strength Moberly team. But I will offer a few other, semi-related thoughts.

1) Unhappy endings seem to be the rule in Region 16 this season.
    • For Moberly, it was the suspensions. Were they deserved? I didn't see the game, so I won't offer an opinion. But I will say that losing a region title on something like that sucks -- and that winning a region title when the other team has just five players is less than ideal, to make an understatement.
    • For Three Rivers, the loss to Highland will taste bad for a while, and it should. Highland is good, but I can't shake the feeling that the Raiders didn't throw their best pitch Saturday night. And you NEVER want to lose on your second-best pitch.
    • For MAC, there's the sour taste of Eastern Florida leapfrogging them, McLennan AND North Dakota SCS to get the final at-large bid to Hutch. If NJCAA Division I men had gone to eight at-large bids like the women did, this probably wouldn't have happened -- especially considering the four zone bids went to four unranked region runners-up.
    • For West Plains, there was no postseason, period.
    • For State Fair, a long season ended with the aforementioned fight and any freshmen involved in it get to sit the first two games of their sophomore seasons.
    2) I'm not sure that the Highland loss wasn't Coach Bess' final game. We will see, though...

3. MoMoMACC

MoMoMACC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Great observation. The season looked really competitive and bright early on, except for West Plains situation. The end of the season....... well it wasn't dull, was it.

4. normstewart

Expand Collapse

Cannot believe a true blue fan like you did not watch the game Saturday.

5. bluff_sideliner

Expand Collapse

Interview was postgame. Didn't even know it was on the livestream. Maybe just as well. I was pretty disappointed in how we played

6. Houndawg

Houndawg Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Brian always does pre-game on livestream and the Coach does the post game.

7. bluff_sideliner

Expand Collapse

Cool deal, but it might be as well that I missed it. Not a good way to end a season

8. normstewart

Expand Collapse

The "blessing" is that 3R got to play a depleted team. A couple of reserves and the outcome would have been quite different. And then you wouldn't have been embarrassed at home Saturday.

9. bluff_sideliner

Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone is debating 3R got a depleted Moberly team, or that it would have been a different game had the Hounds had a full team.
    As for Saturday night, we lost by four points to a solid team. Granted, a team we should have defeated, but it's not like we lost to a high school team. Now THAT would be embarrassing! ;)