Glendale cc forfeit?

Discussion in 'Arizona message board' started by azcoach22, Dec 28, 2007.

1. azcoach22

azcoach22
    Expand Collapse

I read elsewhere that Glendale CC (AZ) has to forfeit all games played thus far. Is this true? Does anyone know why? I assume it is an eligibility issue...

2. TruPlayer1

TruPlayer1
    Expand Collapse

I dont know about that. But I know they beat Cochise this week. Cochise is going down in flames.

3. azcoach22

azcoach22
    Expand Collapse

Not saying it is the reason (they did very well last year), but I am surprised at the lack of AZ talent on Cochise's roster. By all accounts, the HS talent in the state has been blossoming.

4. EVILIVE

EVILIVE
    Expand Collapse

a bit unfair to say they dont get az kids.....carrillo does a hell of a job with what he gets! thing is...if youve been to douglas you KNOW why itd be hard to recruit there! I dont think its lack of recruiting efforts at all. you can say what you want about cochise goin down in flames etc but they ALWAYS play hard and can beat anybody on any givin night.

5. AZmess

AZmess
    Expand Collapse

is carillo still the coach?

6. TruPlayer1

TruPlayer1
    Expand Collapse

He sure is.
    This post was edited on 1/17 7:39 PM by TruPlayer1

7. azcoach22

azcoach22
    Expand Collapse

I don't think its unfair at all to say that about AZ kids. There are worst places to play JUCO in-state and out-of-state that get AZ kids. Seems like Cochise doesn't focus on in-state recruitment.

8. TruPlayer1

TruPlayer1
    Expand Collapse

Well I think overall, it is an excellent program. I have been to some of their games and what I was referring to was the simple fact that they need to open up the offense. When you lose to smaller teams that are not as good because you dont have a balanced attack. Then you are going to lose. I think if he gets a little more creative on offense they will do quite well. Otherwise, they will not be a playoff team.

9. FormerCampCochise

FormerCampCochise
    Expand Collapse

Tru Player1-Why the hating on the Cochise Coaching staff? As a former player and Coach at Cochise i can tell you that that is a top notch situation for all involved! To say that Cochise's offense is poor is way off mark. Cochise leads the league in scoring and does so almost every year with balanced attack. Let's look at the records 04-05 23-7 2nd place to a very good AWC team, 05-06 28-3 won the accac hands down, beat College of Southern Idaho at College of Southern Idaho, do realize that never happens, that takes some coaching my man! Do you know how many AZ teams to to CSI and get there butts kicked yet Cochise went in there and won! Finished 9th in the nation that year and had 4 DI signees and a 1st Team All-american. 06-07 had a down year at 20-11, 3rd in league, beat Mesa 2 out of 3 times, had 2 DI signees and 2 DII and one NAIA all scholarship guys,not too many programs win 20 games and consider that a down year. Yes Cochise is struggling as they lost to GCC and Chandler-Gil. which rarely if ever happens, but they are 12-5 overall with some good out of Region Wins and scored 109 on Phoenix last nite. But to talk mess about that program and coaches is not valid. As a ncaa DII asst. coach I suggest you should go down to camp cochise and watch them workout. Coach Carrillo develops talent and runs real workouts. I saw them play this year and I agree that they are not a "typical" Camp Cochise team, but to say that Coach Carrillo is not much of a coach is way out of line. Go to the gym and see the banners for yourself, ACCAC championship banners and Region I championship banners. It never happened before coach carrillo was the coach at camp cochise.

10. TruPlayer1

TruPlayer1
    Expand Collapse

Like I just stated, I think they have an excellent team. I have been to a few of there games, when they come to town, and I like Carrillo's enthusiasm, if it seemed as if I dont like him, then I apologize. From what I see he cares about his players. And I dont think you could ask for more. Like I said, I just think that you need to add a little bit more diversity to your attack. Plain and simple. You dont have to agree with me. But I think it is a valid point. Thats all, if you think I am trying to downgrade your program that is not the case. I dont work for the news media so it is just my opinion. Take care and good luck.

PS...... If they make it, I will drive up from Phoenix to watch them.
    This post was edited on 1/17 7:21 PM by TruPlayer1